Learn About Rubik's Cube
Written by Sarah Carpenter, Butterfly, Troop 159
Level 2 do 5 requirements, including the 2 starred*.
Level 3 do 6 requirements, including the 2 starred*.
Level 4 do 7 requirements, including the 2 starred*.
Adults do 9 requirements including the 2 starred*.
1*. Learn to solve a 3x3x3 Rubik’s cube using the basic solve method.
2*. Learn who created Rubik’s cubes, where and when.
3. Read about a competitive Rubik’s cube solver, such as Feliks Zemdegs or Mats Valk.
4. Be able to solve a 3x3x3 in under 5 minutes.
5. Learn how to solve 2 cubes other than the 3x3x3, such as 4x4x4, 5x5x5, or 2x2x2.
6. Read about the history of Rubik’s cubes.
7. Watch a Rubik’s cube competition in person or online.
8. Learn a speed solve method, such as Fridrich or Petrus.
9. Participate in a Rubik’s cube club or competition.
10. Teach a friend or sibling how to solve a Rubik’s cube.
11. Challenge a friend or sibling to a Rubik’s cube competition.
12. Learn how a Rubik’s Cube is made.