It is that time of year again and March 4th will be here before you know it. If you plan to participate in our annual national SWAPS exchange please register immediately using the form below.
March 4th each year is a day of action when Quest Clubs “March Forth” across the nation to spread the word about our program and learn about other Quest members around the country. Kids participate in activities and projects with national themes to learn about other regions and states. March 4th (Forth!) not only gives kids a chance to celebrate inter-state or county friendships, but is also a reminder that they are part of a nationwide community.
The date March 4th was chosen as it is also the date that the first American Congress convened, marking the beginning of America as we know it today as they prepared to “march forth” as a nation.
SWAPS are small craft items that can be pinned for display somewhere on a jacket, a backpack, a sash, or a scarf and is a perfect way for kids’s to meet each other and promote friendship. Each SWAP item is a memory of a special event or of a friend in Quest and stands for “Souvenir With A Purpose”, ” Some Whatchamacallit Pinned Somewhere”, “Switch With A Pal”, or any other acronym you can come up with. Each swap should have a safety pin on the item to attach to your display. Search for “SWAPS” images and ideas on the Internet or Pinterest to get ideas for your club/family. SWAPS should represent your club, family, or geographical area in some way.
Ideas for celebrating the day:
- March Forth! And take action by participating in a community service project on March 4th that demonstrates a character trait that Quest Clubs promotes.
- Make flyers or posters to advertise your club and try to recruit new members to Quest Clubs.
- Team up with an out of state club or family and SWAP with them, sending a penpal letter telling them about your club/family and region as well as trading SWAPs.
- Earn the SWAPs badge
- Make a presentation to your school or church about Quest Clubs.
- Tell a friend about Quest Clubs
If you would like to participate in our annual SWAPS, please read the directions below carefully and fill out the attached form.
Rules for SWAPS:
1. Only fill out one form for the entire club. If you are a group of families participating together fill out one form for the entire group. If you are an individual family, operating without a club or group, fill out one form for your entire family.
2. All registrations must be received no later than January 31. SWAPS partners will be assigned by Feb. 6.
3. You must contact your SWAPS partner no later than Feb. 15 to verify shipping addresses and ensure participation. If your SWAPS partner does not communicate in a timely manner, contact Quest Clubs for a new partner. If you do not contact your partner by Feb. 15 it will be assumed that you have chosen not to participate in the program.
4. All SWAPS and letters must be mailed to your partner no later than Feb. 28.
5. To receive the official 2015 SWAP from Quest Clubs headquarters:
- Only clubs/families who participate in the national March 4th SWAPS are eligible to receive a Quest Club SWAP.
- Send one of your SWAPS with a letter abut your club/family to:
Quest Clubs, 20845 Gregory Lane, Redding, CA 96003
- Include the following information (without this information you will not receive your SWAPS).
Number of SWAPS needed
Name of your SWAPS partner